Other than it being full of snow and reindeers, Lapland sadly isn’t known for much else, which is why we’ve put together 5 fun facts about the country below! Hopefully, after reading, you’ll have a slightly better understanding of the magical place you and your family could be visiting later on this year…
Five Fun Facts:
- They have berries that you’ve probably never heard of, including Cloudberries and Crowberries!
- The people love Christmas so much that the Finnish word for December, Joulukuu, literally means ‘Christmas Month’.
- The planet’s only real Santa Claus lives in Lapland, in a town called Rovaniemi.
- Speeding tickets in Lapland are based on your income. A millionaire was once charged €116,000!
- You can never ask a reindeer owner about how many reindeer he’s got (although we’re all well aware that Santa has 9).
Enter the prizedraw today to be in with the chance of winning this holiday of a lifetime.